Frequently Asked Questions
2. Contacting the centre
3. Archive structure
- 3.1 How are the packages organised?
- 3.2 What are the files in the package directories?
- 3.3 What do the package filenames mean?
- 3.4 What are the DATABASE files?
4. Source package distributions
- 4.1 How do I unpack the sources?
- 4.2 What is the HP-UX.Install file?
- 4.3 What are the files ending in .cln?
- 4.4 What compilers do you use to build packages?
- 4.5 How do I obtain gcc/g++/gcj for 11.11, 11.23 or 11.31?
5. Binary package distributions
- 5.1 Why do you only carry dynamically linked binaries?
- 5.2 How do I transfer binaries via the Web?
- 5.3 What's the difference between PA-RISC and Itanium binary depot packages?
- 5.4 Why aren't there any new binary depot packages for HP-UX 10.20 or 11.00?
- 5.5 What do I do with SD 11.X depot packages?
- 5.6 How do I get swinstall to use the installation package on 11.X?
- 5.7 How do I install a PA-RISC depot on an Itanium system?
- 5.8 How do I install two versions of the same binary package?
- 5.9 There are too many dependencies to download separately - is there an easier way to download (and maybe install) them all in one go?
6. Installation and configuration
- 6.1 How is the software configured?
- 6.2 Where is the software installed?
- 6.3 How do I set up my environment so I can use the software?
7. Archive information
- 7.1 How do I keep up to date with the changes to the archive?
- 7.3 How do I (un)subscribe to the new packages mailing list?
- 7.4 Why don't you carry certain packages?
- 7.6 Do you have any Terms and Conditions?